Closing date: Friday 24 March 2017
The PSA is the largest union in New Zealand and is an innovative and dynamic organisation employing 140 staff throughout New Zealand. We have over 62,000 members working in central and local government, health and community services.
The focus of the PSA is to advance the rights and conditions of members through a strategic partnership approach. Organisers work with members and delegates and engage strategically to build union organisation to achieve the best results for PSA members.
The PSA has a permanent, full time organiser vacancy in the Christchurch office.
We are looking for people with:
- A commitment to the work of trade unions.
- An ability to improve the quality of PSA members’ working lives.
- The capability to build durable working relationships with members, employers, government and industry representatives.
- The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
The PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi is committed to honouring Te Tiriti O Waitangi across our organisation and the work we do. Knowledge of te reo and tikanga Māori will therefore be an advantage.
The PSA is also an EEO employer.
Please download the following documents if you would like to apply:
Completed applications should be emailed or posted to Trish McKinnon
PO Box 3817
Contact person: [email protected]