Date(s) - 19/02/2020 - 21/02/2020
This is a resdesigned version of the CTU’s previous “Skills of Organising” course and is the first in a new, clearly-linked series of three, three day workshops – which we are calling a ‘pathway programme’ – that we believe provide the foundational skills and knowledge for effective organising.
The whole ‘pathway programme’ covers organising foundations, recruiting and developing workplace leaders (the other “pathway programme courses in Auckland are “Organising Conversations Intensive” and “Developing Workplace Leaders“).
It isn’t necessary that someone does all three workshops in sequence but we would recommend it, particularly as participants get the opportunity to share and learn from each other’s organising experiences.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Our union history and future challenges
- Organising Methodologies – taking a systematic approach to organising companies
- Being strategic and being tactical
- Planning skills and knowledge
- Research to inform our organising
- Mapping and other analysis tools
This course is APPROVED for use of ERE Leave (Course No 520).
To express your interest in attending please complete the following form: