Closing date: Friday 14 May 2021
The Living Wage Movement Aotearoa New Zealand is looking for our first Executive Director.
The Living Wage is a response to growing poverty and inequality, holding back so many Kiwi workers, their families, and our economy. Our advocacy and community building has changed the conversation about wages in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Living Wage is a simple, yet powerful alternative – the hourly wage a worker needs to pay for the necessities of life and participate as an active citizen in the community.
With over 240 Living Wage Accredited Employers, volunteers and staff, the Movement has changed the lives of thousands of low-waged workers.
Started by dedicated volunteers nearly a decade ago, we’re now in communities around the country and employ six staff members. We have the energy and drive to go further – that’s why we need an Executive Director to lead our strategic, policy and operational direction.
We are looking for someone who:
– Has experience as a leader or manager, especially in the community or not for profit sectors.
– Connects with our mission and vision – to enable workers to live with dignity and to participate as active citizens in society.
– Will lead and empower staff and monitor our work programmes.
– Can build a collaborative and inclusive environment for our staff and volunteers, where their strengths and skills will shine.
– Will bring together diverse groups, such as employers, our corporate partners, political and community members, for a common cause.
– Can work in an evolving organisation and will be flexible and pro-active.
– Understands or is experienced in community/broad-based organising, or is willing to work within this kaupapa.
– Can develop and implement policy and operational procedures to support and grow the Movement.
– Can work in partnership with our Governance Board, Principal (corporate) Partners and other stakeholders and interest groups.
This is a full time role located in Auckland or Wellington. Salary range is $85,000 – $90,000.
Please read the Job Description here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1tQOdmjFke4ekHnx7cBksJLeSh0oegpn7/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword
Check out our website: http://www.livingwage.org.nz
Then send a one page cover letter and CV to Gina Lockyer, Governance Board Chair at [email protected]
We’re looking for someone who is committed and connected to our vision and who can quickly take the lead on developing our operational policies and procedures. We’d love to see applications which really highlight your experience in these areas.
Enquiries about the role can also be directed, in confidence, to Gina Lockyer, using the email address above or phone: 027 474 6918.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 14 May 2021.
For those shortlisted to the interview stage, the interviews will be held on Saturday 22 May 2021.
Contact person: Gina Lockyer