Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021
Union Organisers – Christchurch
The PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi is the largest union in New Zealand, Aotearoa and is an innovative and dynamic organisation employing 180 staff throughout New Zealand. We have over 78,000 members working in central and local government, health and community services. As the largest union in New Zealand Aotearoa, we can provide opportunities for organisers to take up leadership roles in our sectors and across the organisation.
Our core values include advocating members’ interests with a strong effective voice, standing together, supporting and empowering members, individually and collectively. We embrace diversity and challenge inequality and our actions are characterised by professionalism, integrity and respect. We are a progressive and constructive union, constantly seeking solutions that improve members’ working lives.
The PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi has the following organiser vacancies available in our Christchurch office:
- a permanent, full time organiser vacancy, and
- a fixed term, part time (.5 FTE) organiser vacancy for 6 months commencing as soon as possible.
We are looking for people with:
- A commitment to the work of trade unions.
- An ability to improve the quality of PSA Te Pukenga Here Tikanga Mahi members’ working lives.
- The capability to build durable working relationships with members, employers, government and industry representatives.
- The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
The PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi is committed to honouring Te Tiriti O Waitangi across our organisation and the work we do. Knowledge of te reo and tikanga Māori will therefore be an advantage.
The PSA is also an EEO employer.
Please download the following documents if you would like to apply:
Completed applications, including a cover letter and CV should be emailed to [email protected] or posted to Trish McKinnon, PSA, PO Box 3817, Wellington 6140.
Close off date for the permanent vacancy is 4pm Monday 3 May 2021.
Close off date for the fixed term vacancy is 4pm Monday 10 May 2021.
Contact person: Trish McKinnon